Sunday, November 17, 2013

OK, OK, I know

Greeting, loyal readers, and a special hello to a visitor from East Africa. Whatever he or she thinks is going on here, I have no idea, but that's multiculturalism for you.

OK, so where have I been? Well, as Mac once (more than once, actually) said, I've been here, I've been there but, as that woman said, I've never been to me. I'm shut in the winter, anyway. Speaking of winter, some bastard across the canal is setting off fireworks. It's the 17th of November.

I was out on Bonfire Night proper enduring another rehearsal for the the forthcoming Christmas Concert. Yes, I'm still in it, and yes, it's that time of year again. It's time to bookmark the Met Office 5-day forecast page and look at it every few hours with trepidation. The concert is on Thursday 5 December, and dire warnings of a whiteout have been promised by the shit rags. You know what we say in showbusiness? The show must go on.

Other than that, I'm still playing the ukulele on a Monday, and going out when I get the chance i.e. frequently. The ironing has been piling up since the middle of September and there are books and musical instruments all over the floor. If I were a business, I'd be calling in a troubleshooter. At least my diary is emptying in time for the festive season. Just as well I have no friends to invite me out.

No comments: